Gann Square Levels

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
dwedding

Gann Square Levels

Post by dwedding » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 am

I've seen Gann Square Levels displayed on NinjaTrader and I wonder if there is a tool or code to do this on Wave59? If there is a code for Wave59 to display Square levels, I'd need it to able to do this for the Square of numbers 2 through 12 that I can select.

See attached images and attached NinjaTrader Code.
SquareOfNine NT7.zip
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
SquareOfNine NT8.zip
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Attachments
Square of Nine NT8.jpg
Square of Nine NT8.jpg (64.53 KiB) Viewed 239426 times
Square of Nine NT7.jpg
Square of Nine NT7.jpg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 239426 times

dwedding

Re: Gann Square Levels

Post by dwedding » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:53 am

I heard somewhere that the TradeStation Easy Language is compatible with Qscript, but I don't know how that can be done. Can someone help me with this. I found a TradeStation code for plotting the Square Of Nine. I've attached the code to this post.
Easy Language SO9.jpg
Easy Language SO9.jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 239411 times
TradeStation Square Of Nine.rar
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 579 times

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Wave 59 >

Chart > Drawing > Insert > Square of Nine Levels

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:52 am

abacaba wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm
Wave 59 >

Chart > Drawing > Insert > Square of Nine Levels
I don't know how to use the Gann tools on Wave59. Are there any video instructions for them? Anyway, how do I use Wave59 translate Easy Language into QScript?

sbank

Post by sbank » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Under the Member area on the main www.wave59.com website, there is an older video on Gann fans. (I haven't watched it yet, but I probably will later today. As Earik mentioned in my other post about a video doing square scaling.)

As for the EasyLanguage conversion, quite easy:

1) Open up a new script. (Scripts -> QScript Editor)
2) copy-n-paste the easylanguage to this empty area.
3) Then use the convert option in the pull down menu. (Convert -> EasyLanguage to QScript)

Some caveats. I noticed that Cosine does not translate to cos correctly. Sometimes comments are not properly translated to Qscript comments, And if you have complex multi-dimension arrays, that may not get translated correctly at all. But these are all easy fixes to the resultant qscript code. So if you do get stuck just reach out for help. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add. After you do step 3, you will then need to name/save/compile/build the QScript as you would for any other QScript. The conversion doesn't do that for you.

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks sbank,

I was looking for more information on the intenet for QScript and it appears to have many business applications; however, is it the same QScript? Basically what I was looking for was a user's guide for QScript to get acquainted with all the functions and how they are properly used. This would help me in debugging the Easy Language translation as well as any future programming I might find necessary. Do you know anything about this?

sbank

Post by sbank » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 pm

QScript is a proprietary language for Wave59. When you install Wave59 it will ship with two help files. One for Wave59 general use, and one dedicated for QScript. I have that QScript one up all the time. It is quite helpful.

As for the language itself, it is quite easy to learn if you have an understanding in python/perl/c/shell scripting, etc.

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Ok. I found the QScript help within Wave59. So then there's someone else's version of QScript and then there's the Wave59 QScript. I won't get confused by studying the other version of QScript.