ActionZones intraday

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
TargetFilled

ActionZones intraday

Post by TargetFilled » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am

Is it possible to calculate ActionZones on intraday bars? For example, calculate new ActionZones every 30 or 60 mins.

thanks

earik
Site Admin

Re: ActionZones intraday

Post by earik » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi,

Yes, but you might have to write the script yourself. Check out the actionzones function in QScript help (Help menu in W59). It can be used to calculate all the zones for any bars you like. It will be like a regular indicator then - recalculating every single bar for the next. Let me know if you need help with the script.

Regards,

Earik

TargetFilled

Post by TargetFilled » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks for quick reply Earik. I don't know how to program a script, however, AZ+ is probably the closest script for getting the intraday updates on ActionZones. If you can take a look at modifying AZ+, it can be a great tool for intraday scalping.

Thanks again for looking into it.

TargetFilled

Post by TargetFilled » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:37 pm

I am planning to spend sometime over the holidays and take a stab at creating intraday ActionZones.

It would be helpful if you can point to an example of how to call the function to pull AZ values for last 30 min bar.

thanks,

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:32 am

Hi Target,

Ok, I gave you bad information. Some of these scripts are 10+ years old, and I forget the details sometimes... Sorry! :oops: The Actionzones scripts only works for full days, not intraday. The algorithm itself should be able to do that though, but I'd need to write an updated version of the function that accepted OHLC data inputs. I can definitely do that, but you'll need to wait for a future version of W59 to be able to access it....

Regards,

Earik

TargetFilled

Post by TargetFilled » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 am

Thanks Earik, you are probably expecting this question ;) , what is the ETA of the future version?

TargetFilled

Post by TargetFilled » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello Erik,

Any ETA on intraday ActionZones update?

thanks,

TargetFilled

Post by TargetFilled » Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi Earik,

Wondering if the changes to Actionzones script are incorporated for intraday?

Thanks,
earik wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:32 am
Hi Target,

Ok, I gave you bad information. Some of these scripts are 10+ years old, and I forget the details sometimes... Sorry! :oops: The Actionzones scripts only works for full days, not intraday. The algorithm itself should be able to do that though, but I'd need to write an updated version of the function that accepted OHLC data inputs. I can definitely do that, but you'll need to wait for a future version of W59 to be able to access it....

Regards,

Earik