Natal Forecast this week

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
earik
Site Admin

Natal Forecast this week

Post by earik » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi All,

Someone had asked me a question about the Natal Forecast earlier today, and when I pulled up a chart, I was pleasantly surprised to see what had been happening:
nf_6aug2015.png
Natal Forecast week of August 3
nf_6aug2015.png (38.88 KiB) Viewed 6256 times
I'm pretty much 100% automated at this point in my own trading, so although I'm a big fan of forecast lines and that that sort of thing, I tend not to work with them much anymore. This is actually the first NF plot that I've pulled up in years. The really cool thing, which still sort of blows my mind, is that the NF was finalized back in roughly 1997 when I put the finishing touches on the algorithm. That means that the blue line plot shown above on an intraday chart was actually calculated 18 years ago. Very cool. Makes me want to go read Gann or something. :D

Anyway, regular forecast line has been holding well this whole week, and suggests the afternoon bounce will continue through tomorrow.

Regards,

Earik

Ozdragon

Re: Natal Forecast this week

Post by Ozdragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:56 am

Very, Very Cool. Thank-you

pleiterr

Post by pleiterr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:15 pm

So interesting the forecast,

After watching all the forecasts posted in Wave59videos on YouTube years ago, I am wondering why you stopped with forecasting and trading using astro stuff. Your analysis where almost always correct. What better did you find to replace it and why you are not using both ?

I suppose that in the previous forum of W59 you shared how you come up with that forecasts instead of just the analysis for the next day in Youtube, and I want to ask you if is there any site where I can see how you builded them ?

Thank you !

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Pleiterr,

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed those forecasts. Back then there was a push to do some social media things, and so I'd do quick forecasts on youtube, as well as post comments on twitter and facebook. Honestly, it got to be kind of a drag after awhile, and anytime you post anything free, you get all sorts of people criticizing and complaining about the content, which wasn't encouraging. So I stopped. Trading the stuff is more fun than talking about it anyway. :D

As far as how to do it, it was basically a combination of AstroTrader, market structure (Big Bertha style), and some geometry thrown in here and there to help with fine tuning and projections. None of it is secret, and you can learn everything in from the W59 books if you're really interested.

Regards,

Earik