Declination Study EUR/USD

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

Declination Study EUR/USD

Post by ForJL » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 pm

The following is a two part declination study that I have been using on EUR/USD for over a year now. The first part is a price prediction that uses the heliocentric sum of ME, VE, SU, MA, NE, and PL, shifted 45 bars into the future (this chart uses 2 day n-bars). It should be noted that in late May we get an inversion that is still in effect. I believe overall results have been quite good when used as a general guide to price direction.

The second part of the study uses nothing more than a simple plot of the declination of Mercury (Blue line at bottom of chart). Here we are looking at the peaks and troughs of the declination plot to act as CIT signals of the currency pair. While there were a couple of boarder line calls they essentially do well also. What I found very interesting about this part of the study is that signals triggered when the declination was below the zero line over the observed period of time tended to be sell signals, while those above tended to be buys.

The thing about these types of studies is that effectiveness will start to wane over time. Understanding the process as well as identifying the proper actors of course is the real challenge and beyond what I am willing to go into here. However I would recommend you look into the concept of “bookends” which I have mentioned many times before that identifies beginning and end points of relevant energy signatures.

Best,
Joe
Declination_EURUSD.png
Declination_EURUSD.png (64.41 KiB) Viewed 7590 times

dirk

Re: Declination Study EUR/USD

Post by dirk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 am

Hi Joe , your work is Always fantastic.....

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks Dirk ... much appreciated.

Joe

player88

Post by player88 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

The declination of Mercury did the job.