Astronumerology Calculator

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
rlite4

Astronumerology Calculator

Post by rlite4 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi,

Was trying to look at the Astronumerology calculator to try to see how to test out the Astronumerology method in ME - must have missed it if there were any links to the calculator in the ME book.

Any one have any pointers or links to articles on how to use the calculator ?

Thanks
srj

sbank

Re: Astronumerology Calculator

Post by sbank » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:54 am

I don't own Market Esoterica, but I do own the Techniques of an Astrotrader. That book came with a simple app (that requires a separate license). When I asked Earik to register my version of the simple app, he said that all of that work has since been incorporated into Wave59. (So there is no need to really use this simple app any more.)

So maybe the answer to your question is that it is already in the Ephemeris section of W59? (Earik has a bunch of older videos on using this ephemeris if you are not familiar with its functionality.)

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Hi Sbank,

thanks for that info: - I have Astro Trader but did not get clear on its application - the concept seems to be straight forward enough from the example in the book and the SPY example Earik gave a few years back, but in trying to apply it ran into some confusion. I will go through Earik's videos on the ephemeris and possibly that will show me where I was mixing things up.. If you have had good trading signals from Astro Trader - may be will get some pointers from you on using it and actually how to use wave59 to generate trades profitably :D

The ME Astronumerology calculator tool is in Wave59 - I think Earik turns it on once you have ME. With the AstroNumerology method as shown in the ME book you can get turning dates relative to prior peaks and troughs with concrete numerology patterns - almost digital you might say and seems a lot simpler and easier to understand than Ashtakavarga - for which Earik has a script in Wave59 but have seen no forum discussions on using it..

thanks,
srj

sbank

Post by sbank » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:36 pm

I have not done much with the AstroTrader content to be honest. 99% of my trading is algorithmic. Every time I try discretionary, I lose money. :)

I really want to play with the GEOS stuff that is discussed lately. And I own a bunch of other discretionary stuff (Selene's, Pendulum Motion, etc). But my knack seems to be on the algo side.

I think to use the astrotrader for algo trading I would need to incorporate it with some other features (like using a simple momentum indicator). The intraday astrotrader predicts different time and price areas. So maybe when the momentum indicator is about to turn over, see if it aligns with an astrotrader area, and then and only then, take the trade. Something to ponder...

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 pm

My results with discretionary is also down to sideways :) . The methods look great to start with but have not yet made them work for futures.. :) Also fiddling around with Selenes and Pendulum at present - lets see how that goes....

Any pointers on how to get started with Algo methods and how to test them?

sbank

Post by sbank » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:25 pm

> Any pointers on how to get started with Algo methods and how to test them?

Testing them is easy with W59's System Report. You need rudimentary coding skills as well. Some people have development backgrounds, and they can write really complicated QScripts. But you can also do well with very simple scripts.

I mentioned in another post about Hive Technology. This might be the easiest to start with.

Pick your favorite commodity or index. Stick to daily bars to begin with. Load up 5 to 10 years worth of data. Then use the Hive Generator with your favorite indicators to build out some sample scripts. The hive generator will build you a QScript that you can then adjust and tinker with as you see fit. This might be a good first step.

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:15 pm

thanks, will look at that.